Sunday, June 1, 2014

This Month: Southern Flare

There's just something about Summer that makes me want good ole Southern food out on the patio! And nothing screams "Summer" and "Southern" quite like a BBQ sandwich. While I'm from the East Coast, I have one set of grandparents in the Midwest and one set who were raised in Boston but settled in North Carolina. So, I'm in a bit of a predicament when it comes to which variety of BBQ I like best. Tomato-based midwestern pulled pork or vinegar-based Carolina 'que? I can't decide and it really doesn't matter, because they're both divine!! Just as long as I can get my point across that BBQ is, in fact, pulled pork and not a backyard party, an actual grill, or any type of meat that is grilled and/or has BBQ sauce slathered all over it. We Southerners are quite serious about that fact! Now that that's covered, let's get to the menu; come back every Monday this month to see what we'll be serving at all our cookouts from Memorial Day to Labor Day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment