Monday, May 26, 2014

Blueberry Crisp (Gluten Free)

I came upon this recipe in a grocery store advertisement and couldn't wait to try it.  My husband and I do not restrict gluten from our diets, so I made this with the oats I keep on hand, but this dessert was so tasty, and healthy, I'd consider feeding it to my toddlers for breakfast!  It's a light and flavorful dish that is perfect for a summer picnic or meal enjoyed on your back porch, which is just what my husband and I did two nights ago after putting the kids to bed!  It was lovely to light the fire pit and enjoy our dessert while watching the first fireflies of the season light up the backyard...I can't wait for a repeat!

3 cups (24 oz) frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2/4 cup (gluten free) oats
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup canola oil

Preheat oven to 300.  Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.

Place blueberries in a single layer in the baking dish.  Sprinkle with lemon juice and cinnamon, stirring to evenly coat.  

In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.  Spread over blueberries.

Bake 50 minutes, or until topping is golden and berries are bubbling.

Serve warm.  A scoop of vanilla ice cream is optional!

Serves 6.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate,
    Thanks so much for sharing your awesome Blueberry Crisp with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete