Monday, August 12, 2013

Creamy Cheddar-Bacon Spinach

Have you seen the Kraft Fresh Take mixes in the cheese aisle?  If so, have you tried them?!  If not, you need to!  These are my new favorite go-to "ingredient" for an easy, healthy, and creative dinner.  There are a half-dozen or so flavor combinations and with ideas for adding the breadcrumb mixtures to meats, fish, and veggies, the possibilities are endless!  When I moved back to the East Coast in December and closed on on the end of my second pregnancy, my mom was often at my house visiting, which meant that she was also often accompanying me to the grocery store.  And every time we went through the dairy section, she'd point out these kits and tell me I just had to try them!  Well, I finally picked one up, tried it on chicken, and immediately sent my husband back to Target to buy one of every flavor.  I should also add that while that meal was in the oven, my husband walked in the kitchen commenting about how the house smelled like an Italian restaurant...and after taking the deliciousness of that dinner, requested that I call his mother and tell her about the kits!  And since that night I've been experimenting with all the varieties of Fresh Take and telling everyone who will listen that they should buy some.  No, Kraft didn't pay me to write this post (they don't even know I'm doing it!) but I do want to share the awesomeness that is Fresh Take...especially for busy moms who need a break in the kitchen every now and then, but don't want to rely solely on ready-made foods!

1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons olive oil
18 ounces (3 bags) baby spinach
8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
1 package Kraft Fresh Take Cheddar Jack & Bacon mix, mixed together and divided

Heat oven to 350.  

Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Add garlic and onions and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.  Add spinach (you might need to do this one bag at a time!) and cook, stirring often to combine with the onions, until wilted, 4-5 minutes.  Add cream cheese and half the Fresh Takes mixture.  Continue to cook, stirring until cream cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined.

Spoon mixture into a greased 9-inch pie plate and top with remaining Fresh Takes mixture.

Bake 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and topping is golden brown.

Serves 4.

Recipe adapted from www.kraft.com.

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Tuesday Trivia. I couldn't pass this up--I love spinach! This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,
    This will be delicious and I can't wait to try it. Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete