Monday, April 28, 2014

Rum Runners

At my cocktail party-esque wedding reception, we served two "signature" drinks to our guests during a cocktail hour while my husband and I were having some pictures taken.  Since my husband is from Kentucky and one of our first dates was a trip to the Kentucky Derby, a mint julep was a must.  But, since our wedding colors were pink and green, I wanted to offer a pink and fruity option to contrast with the strong flavors of the julep.  We were headed to Jamaica for our honeymoon, so a Rum Runner seemed like an obvious choice!  Apparently they were divine, because one guest bragged to my mom that she had four or five during that first hour of libations!  Here's my version of this refreshing drink....it would also be fabulous blended with a handful of ice!  Enjoy!

1 oz pineapple juice
1 oz orange juice
1 oz blackberry liqueur
1 oz banana liqueur
2 oz rum
Splash grenadine
Orange  and pineapple slices for garnish

Pour all over ice and serve with fruit slices perched on the side of the glass.  Paper umbrella optional!

No comments:

Post a Comment