Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cleanse and Detox Day 2

Last night I was famished by 3:00pm. My last glass of "juice" was at 1:00 and I didn't think I could make it until 6:00, when I was allowed to have some lean protein and veggies. I started prepping my son's dinner around 4:30 (he eats at 5:00) and I did steal a bite or two of his fish sticks. I figured they still counted as lean protein and it was enough to tide me over until dinner. (I might also add that I still went for a 3-mile run yesterday, late morning).

I was so hungry though that I planned to cheat just a little and serve our dinner between 5:30 and 5:45, just a little before the 6:00 rule.

As luck would have it, however, our chicken took a bit longer to cook, and came out of the oven at 6:00 sharp. My husband took his time getting to the dinner table, getting a glass of water, a fish oil pill, going to the bathroom, washing up, bringing our son in to join us. I was about to throttle him he was taking so long when I was so hungry!

After we'd finally said the blessing I devoured my dinner. It was so nice to chew rather than just gulp! Since there were no carbs with dinner, my husband snacked on whole wheat pita chips and hummus for a little bit after the meal. I tasted one chip with hummus, since it was a new flavor. After all, the hummus has a ton of protein, and one little whole wheat pita chip can't hurt, right? Let's hope not.

I drank more water throughout the evening.

And that brings me to Detox Day 2: the day of the green monster shake!

I'm not going to lie, I was worried about this one the most. The ingredients are more like a salad than a drink, and wasn't looking forward to that at all. But when I mixed everything up last night, it smelled nice and fresh and, well, green.

Day 2: Fresh 6 Green Drink
Blend 3 apples, 3 pieces celery, 3 cucumbers, 1/2 a bunch of parsley, 1 20-ounce bag of baby spinach, 1 large piece of ginger.

I had my first glass of juice at 5:30 this morning. I immediately diluted it with a bit of cold water, to avoid the issues I had with gagging yesterday morning. Honestly, this drink wasn't nearly as bad as yesterday's. The ginger really helped with the taste, and the whole thing just tasted very fresh and spring-like, rather than having a quality of dirt in my mouth, like those beets yesterday!

I'll keep you posted with how the rest of the day goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment