Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lobster Pot Pie


Perfect for a romantic dinner for two at home, I got this recipe from Katie Lee, as featured in Cosmopolitan magazine (but don't ask me which month/year, because I saved the recipe on my computer and I really don't want to hunt through all my back issues...thanks, I appreciate it!)... Serve with your favorite salad and a refreshing pinot grigio!

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 onion, diced (I think I used the whole thing though)
1 carrot, diced
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 cup seafood stock (or use chicken stock if that's what you have)
1/2 pound cooked lobster meat
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
salt and pepper
1 sheet puff pastry
1 egg, beaten

Melt butter in a medium skillet. Add onion and carrot. Cook 5 minutes. Add corn and peas. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute more. Add milk and stock and stir constantly until thick (5 minutes or so). Remove from heat. Add lobster and spices.

Cut puff pastry in half and roll out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut to fit two 2-cup bowls. Spoon filling into the bowls and place one circle of dough onto each, pressing the edges in to seal the pastry to the bowl. Cut a vent in the center. Use a pastry brush to "paint" the beaten egg on top.

Place pies on sheet pan and bake until golden.

I found that my filling was enough to fill three bowls (I used 10 ounces of lobster rather than 8, as my grocery sells it in 4-ounce packages, and a little more carrot/onion than called for)...so this was perfect for dinner for two and one hearty lunch the next day! The individual pies are super cute and perfect for reheating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment