Monday, February 8, 2016

Dark Chocolate-Raspberry Fondue

When I was little, we used to make "dipping desserts" quite often.  My brother and I loved using long wooden skewers or toothpicks to dip fresh fruit into warm, gooey, melted chocolate.  As an older child, I learned that what I thought was a fun treat invented by my mother was really a classic chocolate fondue.  It remained a favorite dessert for me, and in college I was excited to learn that a fabulous fondue restaurant was close-by.  It was a dinner request I'd make when my parents were in town, when a boyfriend took me out for my birthday, or just because a group of us wanted to do something different!  Several years later, my (now) husband took me to Melting Pot to celebrate our first Valentine's Day together, and in commemoration, my mother-in-law would later give me a fondue set for Christmas.  Now I have two small children, who find that dipping fruit into melted chocolate is great fun, and a cure for an upset tummy!  Who'd have thought?!

12 ounces dark melting chocolate
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons Chambord (raspberry liquor)
Fruit, pound cake, marshmallows, etc. (for dipping)

Heat a small saucepan of water over medium-low heat to a simmer.  Place another mixing bowl (metal or glass) over the pan to form a double broiler.  The bowl on top should not be touching the simmering water.  Combine the melting chocolate and milk in the double broiler and stir continuously until completely melted and smooth.  Stir in the Chambord.

Transfer melted chocolate mixture to fondue pot.  Serve immediately with fresh fruits, marshmallows, pound cake, graham crackers, or other favorite "dippers"!


1 comment:

  1. I love Fondue, it is so romantic! Hope you had a great Valentine Weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete