Saturday, August 1, 2015

This Month: Seafood Soirée

This time last year, I was gearing up to graduate from Nursing School.  As a graduation present, my mama treated me to a Girly Getaway to Charleston, South Carolina, which was a new destination for me.  I did a ton of research deciding where we should eat, what we should see, and must-have items that I just had to buy while I was in the low country!  The hotel where we stayed had a fabulous rooftop bar where we'd enjoy cocktails and snacks each evening.  On our second night there, Mama suggested we try the mussels, but then, worried that I wouldn't like them at all, she changed her mind.  I looked at the menu, and with an adventurous sparkle in my eye, told my mom, "Yes, let's try the mussels!"  Well, I was hooked and loved them.  When I returned home to Northern Virginia, I couldn't wait to make them for my husband as a special treat.  Fearing he wouldn't like them (guess I really am like my mama!) I saved the meal for when we had guests so he wouldn't be able to complain.  Turns out I was worried over nothing; he loved the meal and couldn't wait to have them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment