Friday, May 1, 2015

This Month: Cinco de Mayo

Even though summer doesn't officially begin until late June, warm weather celebrations are abundant in May! Derby Day, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, and Cinco de Mayo! As if I really need another excuse to throw a party! The warmer weather has rejuvenated my need to cook...  I feel compelled to incorporate fresh produce like cilantro and citrus, spicy flavors of chiles, and bright colors of the tropics on my table.  Sort of like when fall creeps up and I get excited to wear my sweaters and boots again...only this time it's flip flops and tank tops. And cilantro and citrus (wait, did I already say that?!). I love warm weather food, I love Mexican food, and I love a good theme party. Here's a little something different from your typical taco dinner to celebrate Cinco de Mayo...






No comments:

Post a Comment