Saturday, November 1, 2014

This Month: Holiday Brunch

Last year I was in charge of Christmas.  Totally in charge.  My mom and my in-laws were in town.  Both my brothers were here.  We had a 6-month old and a 2 ½  year old.  It was a crazy few days of cooking.  Since Mama's birthday is Christmas Eve, in addition to hosting Christmas Brunch and Dinner, I also prepared a birthday breakfast and dinner at our house.  It was hectic.  My kitchen was a mess.  My dishwasher didn't stop running for three days.  But I wouldn't complain.  Ever.  Because my whole family was here, and having spent a Christmas in California without any extended family just two years before, my husband and I decided that we had little desire to be "alone" during the holidays ever again.  Anyway, here's my version of Christmas Brunch, which was served after we opened stockings but before we tore into the wrapped gifts under the tree.





The whole menu:

Bloody Marys

Peach Bellinis

Fruit Salad 
(Honeydew, blackberries, raspberries, star fruit, 
and a sprig of rosemary drizzled with Grand Marnier)

Sweet Potato Biscuits with 

Vanilla-Pear Muffins

Shrimp & Grits

Tomato Tart

No comments:

Post a Comment