Thursday, June 7, 2012

Smoky Chipotle Adobo

This spice rub is nothing short of amazing!  I made it for a specific dish quite some time ago, not bothering with the fact that the recipe says it'll yield 1 1/2 cups...way more than I needed for my recipe.  No matter; this smoky combo is perfect on fish, chicken (think fajitas!), beef, pork...anything really!  I did have to make a special trip to the Mexican market near my house for dried chipotles, which I ran through my mini food processor, since I couldn't find the chiles already ground...but that's ok!

1/3 cup onion powder
1/8 cup garlic powder
1/2 cup salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons oregano (Mexican, if you can find it)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 to 1/3 cup ground chipotle chile

Mix it up.

Store in an airtight container in a dry place, out of the sunlight.

Recipe adapted from Fiesta on the Grill, by Daniel Hoyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment