Monday, March 17, 2014

Mardi Gras Hurricanes


Let the good times roll with this awesome Hurricane recipe just in time for Mardi Gras!

1 oz white rum
1 oz Jamaican dark rum
1 oz Bacardi 141 rum
3 oz orange juice
2 oz unsweetened pineapple juice
1/2 oz grenadine
crushed ice

Combine all ingredients, mix well (shake or stir). Pour over crushed ice in a hurricane glass. Garnish with a fruit wedge if desired.

To make this drink "virgin" substitute ginger ale for the rum.

Rather than making single serving recipes, I measure the ingredients in cups rather than ounces, making a pitcher large enough for a party!

4 comments:

  1. 3 types of rum, you have my attention! These sound yummy and a bit dangerous, like a hurricane! Please come share at the Bacon Time liny, if you have not already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Kate, Oh my word, 3 types of rum.... as fabulous as your Mardi Gras Hurricane sounds, I think it would blow my socks off. I think I would have to add just 1 measure of rum. Thank you for the recipe, I am going to pass it along to my daughters as I know they will love it.
    Kate, I have enjoyed my visit so I have become a new follower.
    Best Wishes to you.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Kate, I have tried to follow you with Google Connect, but I am having no luck. So I will return later today to try again.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate,
    I have a collection of Hurricane Glasses that have come from Mari Gras through the years, oh my what memories. Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete