Thursday, October 6, 2011

Key Lime Pie

Sorry, not my picture...
There are few desserts as are as cool and refreshing, and the very embodiment of summer, than Key Lime Pie.  There was a time when I considered baking and desserts way above my abilities and would simply opt to purchase a frozen pie or cobbler from the grocery...  But then my mom showed me exactly how easy (and fast) this delicious pie really is, and it's been my go-to dessert ever since!

1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks (whites not used)
1/2 cup Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Juice (look in your grocery in the baking/desserts aisle)
1 small container Cool Whip

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Combine condensed milk, egg yolks, and Key Lime juice and beat until smooth.  Pour into pie crust.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating.  When completely cool, top with cool whip.  Keep refrigerated and serve cold.

Serves 6-8.

This recipe is also on the back of the bottle of Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment